Yale SmartHome Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Yale SmartHome Alarm Problems

I have been having terrible problems with setting up my SmartHome system.

I did seem to be getting on well by testing system and Zone/Sensors but then whenever I tried to set the alarm it automatically went into alarm mode after the countdown. I could not figure out the cause so in the end deleted all of the zones in order to identify the culprit. I never did find out as ended up deleting them all and starting all over again.

Trouble is that as soon as I add a single zone it just goes to alarm mode.

SO I have been trying to reset the whole system using instructions from Engineers programming manual but I believe that they are wrong as is the case in other areas of the manual. Having disconnected battery for control panel and the reconnected it you press the up key twice almost immediately after connecting transformer power supply to control panel and seeing TEST MODE then you are supposed to do two or four sets of up & down keys to clear but it does not work - the first up instruction just turns the alarm off or some times Done It So Many) I end up with the hands free setting.

Any ideas from Yale Guy3 or other members will be appreciated

Kind regards Malcolm

Sponsored Links
You may have the same problem i did. The alarm, by default, is set up to need you to open and shut a door while the countdown is taking place. Its so you are "leaving the house". You can turn it off in the settings somewhere (although i cant remember where).
When i had this, it would countdown, then the alarm would go off and it would come up with some error and ask me if i wanted to override.

I fitted one of these a year ago...think it was ENA-Kit2...

Since Ive been converted to Pyronix Home app system....if only they could get firmware updates - argh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back