hydromax shower mixer valve availablity

A

angelf

Anyone have any idea how to get hold of a hydromax mixer valve? Shower will not turn off unless u turn the mains stop cock off. A megaflow is installed with pressure vessel but boiler is a v. old wall mounted potterton. I have no access to the cold & hot fed behind the tiles! Help. :?:

Sponsored Links
is their no isolation valves further along the pipes from the mixer valve ?

NOT THAT i CAN SEE. Pipes go into the "box" style feature seen above most stairwells . I'm at a lose what to do. Hope this helps.

am more concerned about finding a hydromax mixer valve-two well know plumb centers have never heard of the make? help in that area would be appreciated. m

Sponsored Links
not much you can do unless you find where the hot/cold join and if they have any isolation valves anywhere.

the hydromax is a re badged aquilisa and parts are still available.

plumbcentre don't know anything about plumbing just as useful as asking in the garden centre.

thanks folks -ur right plumb center didnt know hence the reason I asked for ur wise opinions-greatly appreciated too. cheers m

A Hydromax valve is nothing more than the word "Hydromax"written on an Aqualisa Aquarian valve.

AFAIK, the Hydromax edition is used by Barratt Homes on mains pressure supplies.

If the valve is less than two years old then Aqualisa will replace the cartridge under warranty, including sending out an engineer.

Otherwise you can get a cartridge from any Aqualisa supplier, or direct from Aqualisa. The last one I bought cost £140.00 including shipping and VAT. Lunns might well supply it, but at about three times the normal price.

thanks folks-really appreciate your help. Would love to buy u all a drink for your efforts cheers. m

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back