HYPNOSIS

Sponsored Links
Ideas based on decades of research and the ideas, in my opinion, are interesting.

The theory of hypnosis, is to influence the subconscious mind with suggestions whilst the conscious mind in a state of lul.

Apparently positive and constructive self-talk is a powerful medium.

Sponsored Links
NLP is using your imagination to perform mental exercises with pictures.

Self-talk is talking to yourself to persuade yourself to improve in whatever way you want.

............people often say "I have a terrible memory" so change it to "my memory is robust and improves every day" and the subconscious mind will gradually comply.

So long as it works, use what ever you prefer I suppose.

I'd suggest reading and deciding for yourself -

http://deprogramwiki.com/images/4/42/Get_the_Life_You_Want.pdf

http://teresakogut.tv/wp-content/up...er-What-To-Say-When-You-Talk-To-Your-Self.pdf

Last edited:
Neuro-linguistic programming , clue in the title, nothing to do with
using your imagination to perform mental exercises with pictures.

Perhaps you could post an example of an nlp exercise to clarify ?

Hypnosis is an interesting subject, and definitely not the same as NLP, but as they both have similar intentions, you could say that there's a bit of an overlap.

I learnt self hypnosis about 30 years ago, and the guy who taught it, gave me a set of trigger words that took me into the hypnotic state, and I could then concentrate on the programming I wanted to give myself. This was completely different to the self hypnosis tapes that have just one specific task that you buy them for, but in the end, I didn't use it for a couple of years, and couldn't get the trigger words to work properly any longer.

What gets shown on stage is really a demonstration of how "susceptible" some people are to hypnotic suggestions, and these people will take suggestions far more readily than the normal people that can filter out what they are happy doing, and what they won't go along with, but about 15 years ago, I allowed myself to be used as a guinea pig on stage for a demonstration of the differences between hypnosis and mesmerism, and that was a bit of a shock to say the least.

The hypnosis demonstration counted me down, and I went into a hypnotic state, and then did a bit of arm raising and simple exercises to show I was hypnotised. But in the demonstration of memsmerism, he started doing arm movements over me and in front of me, and I just dropped into a much deeper state in seconds - and I was shocked at how easily he did it. I'd have loved to have learnt how to do it, but lost contact with the instructor, and haven't managed to find him since.

Indeed, there is overlap between hypnosis and NLP. According to Richard Bandler, NLP founder, both are states of mind.

Richard Bandler, along with his colleague John Grinder, discovered through research that folk could change their habitual thought patterns without the need for hypnosis.

A sample exercise from one of Mr Bandler's books for when dealing with someone you don't like -

Make a mental picture of them
Take the colour out of it
Reduce the size of the image to about 1/10 its original size
Move the image of into the distance
Put a clown's hat on their head
Give them a silly sounding voice

There's plenty of Richard Bandler's discussions uploaded to youtube.

If anyone's interested, there's a good event hosted by Bob Proctor at the end of the month.

I've bought tickets for a couple of Bob Proctor events over the last twelve months and have enjoyed them.
I'm buying a ticket for this one myself. Gets recorded so you can watch the replays.

Last edited:
Very good week-end, really enjoyed listening to Bob Proctor.

Last edited:
Plenty of videos on youtube about hypnosis.

Decide for yourself what its all about.

Yeh, seems a complete cowboy, past life crap has been disproved many times, another yank out to sell, sell sell.

Sponsored Links
Back