Hyundai front brak discs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of replacing the front break discs on my 2.0cc 1998 Hyundai Coupé the problem that im having id that there is no Haynes manual to use as a guide, and I can not get them of. I can split them from the main hub but that’s as far as I can go, I still can't get them of. Are they a press fit? And would I have to remove the howl hub to get the discs off..??

Sponsored Links
as long as your caliper is off out of the way and the wheel locating lugs have been removed they should come away from the hub, because of the heat generated with brakes they may need beating from behind to get them off if they haven`t been assembled with copper slip, just make sure the replacements are correct in case you wreck the disc and discs are wrong and the car is off the road in bits.......hope this helps

If when you take the road whell off, there are another set of bolts on the hub, then you're probably going to have to get it pressed out of the bearing.

Sponsored Links
Your discs are simply rusted in place - it happens with some makes of cars. (Especially Mondeo's)! If there are no securing screws, the discs are a push fit onto the hub. (Caliper out of the way, of course). Usually a reasonable clout from the back gets them free. If they don't want to budge, rather than risk damaging the hub itself with excess bashing, use an angle grinder to cut a slot in the disc, from the edge down to the hub as near as you can without cutting into the hub itself. A cold chisel placed into the slot that you have made with the angle grinder will crack the disc and allow you to pull it free. Obviously its best to have the new discs standing by, so you are sure that they are the correct ones! Cheers John

Back