HYUNDAI Getz CRTD CDX+ How do I change the Fuel filter?

ABN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a 2007 HYUNDAI Getz CRTD CDX+, a 1.5l turbo diesel, and want to give it a service for the winter. Oil filter and air filter look straight forward but can’t for the life of me see how to change the fuel filter.

The filter assembly is bolted to the bulkhead and seems to be rather inaccessible. Looks like there is a black outer casing which holds the numerous electrical connectors/sensors which I assume I have to remove to get to the filter canister casing, then somehow remove that to fit the new filter.

As you can guess at the moment I’m totally stumped.

Anyone know how to change the fuel filter?

Sponsored Links
hi i've never changed one of these but it will either be one of these solutions
1. that black canister has a screw in the top of it which you undo, lift the lid off and take the filter out or
2 that black canister IS the fuel filter and you change the whole lot!

Buy the filter and see what you get, it might be a standard paper element or it might be the complete canister

Thanks for the reply.

There's no screw/bolt at the top. The rover used to be one of those types and was an easy but messy job to change.

The black sleeve seems to be just that and you can see a silver/grey canister under it. There's a gap of a few mm between the sleeve and the canister. Also the sleeve appears to have a lip on the top which will prevent it from skiding down over the top of the filter assembly. Can't slide up because of the bodywork.

Will by a filter and see if that povides any further clues.

If there is a silver canister underneath, thats your filter. Same principal as oil filter, unscrew it and screw the new one on

Sponsored Links
unfortunatly the sleeve covers the whole of the canister so can't grab hold of it with out removing sleeve which I can't see how to do.

Since it's part of a standard service would have thought that it should be relativly simple.

Back