I bet you can't get a trade price

• Thread starter attractivebrunette
  • Start date
A

attractivebrunette

Can you? I've been talking to a manufacturer of gas fire appliances and they say they wont sell to the public.

So how do professional retailers become 'accepted' by manufacturers to be able to buy from them at trade price? Anyone? Do they have to place a minimum order? Does the manufacturer have to see proof they are a genuine retailer? What proof would that be?

Sponsored Links
buy a shop call a rep in from a fire place company tell him you want his goods he will give a good price more you sell more discount you get .

Don't be daft, buying a shop will cost me more than extra I'd have to pay from being ripped-off buying it from a retailer.

Anyone else got any bright ideas?

if you want one fire google the model number some shops sell on line only cheaper cos they got no overheads.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I've found some online retailers, but that's still not trade prices...

I suppose the problem suppliers are trying to address is they don't want to suffer the possible consequences of supplying a gas appliance to somebody who makes a complete !&*£%!-up of a DIY installation job, invoking the wrath of an old and toothless CORGI, GasSafe, Trading standards, Health & Safety and uncle tom Cobbley and all if someone should then get blown up or asphyxiatyed by the appliance.

Safer for them if they only supply to 'the trade', who are certified as competent to attend to all the safety aspects of the installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back