I Don't Want More Debt Forced On Me

The lower down the income scale one is, the more likely one is to live in a band A house, and the less likely one is to have excess income to save (and yo save you need more money coming in than is going out). I've had a few lads working for me like that (generally as labourers) who wives were also working (part time) and who were allays up for Saturday overtime. Far from not making an effort, they did, but saving was always difficult for them and I'd say that they weren't living high on the hog, just trying to give their kids a reasonable chance. The problem is that too many people read the garbage published in the Mail or Express and take it as verbatim. The big issue is a society in which suit wearing middle class tossers are overpaid for what little they achieve whilst being underworked, but the people at the bottom are often paid a pittance and treated like **** - by people like you

No one gave me a penny and nor did I expect that or ask for money.
It's called planning, you stay with your parents until you have money i the pocket to buy your own place and money in the bank after the deposit to make the house nice and a rainy day.

You must not borrow on pay day loans and the kind

I wanted a fas Capri when I left school or a bmw etc, but my parents said no as you can't afford it and you are not buying that on hp unless you move out - best advice ever along with other good advice.

We've never paid a penny in interest other than a mortgage and even cleared those early.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It must be a real struggle for all those retirees on here who made their cash by sitting on a property worth a fortune for forty odd years they bought for sod all in the first place.

It's called planning, you stay with your parents until you have money i the pocket to buy your own place and money in the bank after the deposit to make the house nice and a rainy day.

Lucky you - not everyone in this world has those options (I was one of those)

But tens of millions do.
I've also met those that had to leave home because of x/y/z when they were young
and they managed to get their own place etc. Everyone I've met that is doing ok, well annd very well very rarely pay interest on anything other than a mortgage, business loan and rarely get a lease car etc, etc and never a pay day loan.
It's called fincial planning

We wnated, well I wanted more kids but I knew we only had 4 bedrooms, so we planned within our means.
I did nor want to work, never wanted to work but thankfully the fear of my dad giving me a slap around the back of the head did the trick

Another point, everyone we knew, family, friends etc not one was unemployed bar one that had medical problems
and thankfully that happend to that bloke/family when he was almost 50 so set up with a property etc

I've met via my work when I worked three generations of family having kids at around 16 even the grandparents very young were not one of them did an honest days work.

Yes, I've met people that worked hard and over 40 hours a week just about making good when they get divorced and all goes belly up.

If my ex had not cheated on me and we had not had to split everything, I believe that we would have been a lot better of financially - not doing too bad me, my OH/family inc ex but we could have done better

Via work again, when visit council estates and other run-down places especially tower blocks, it was an incentive for me to do better and that reinforced my stance never to borrow money other than a mortgage and always have xx in cash

I hear you but I'm only posting what I've seen and heard and yes, there is an element of luck.

Btw, dad was strict too strict and my yonger brother did leave home a lot earlier than i did, so it was not just luck but knowldge my parents gave as i knew it made sense.

My brother, he is doing fine, detached property in xxx, mortgage oaid off years ago and now working pt at the age of 52 but he could have done better if he had stayed at home but he too benefitted like my other siblings from our parent's skills.

Dad is a by the book person and a full beleiver in law and order and total respect. Sadly as kids we did not always see it like that jut like most kids

Why do you care?
With the millions sitting in the bank, properties around the world, gold ingots used as door stoppers and a collection of luxurious watches, you shouldn't care one little bit.
By the standard of life you describe, you spend £150 for breakfast every day.
Or is that all tripe?

P.S.: we're still waiting for the ingots photograph from the other thread, the one that stinks of cow manure.

I wanted a fas Capri when I left school or a bmw etc, but my parents said no as you can't afford it and you are not buying that on hp unless you move out - best advice ever along with other good advice.

We've never paid a penny in interest other than a mortgage and even cleared those early.
You were asking for advice on how to invest your money in another thread,did that go wrong? That must be the reason you are scrambling for a £150 freebie but it must be free and not a loan.
P.s what happened to your gold ingots???

Sponsored Links
Back