I have a Roylat orbit hot water storage unit & an Ideal classic boiler & unable to re-fill it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Ideal classic boiler around 17 yr old which is in the kitchen & a Roylat orbit type RR4 hot water storage unit in the airing cupboard on the 1st floor. I have had a radiator taken out of the bathroom and replaced with a towel rail, but now there is no water getting through to the radiators since it has been drained. the 3 way valve in the airing cupboard is not working also. The pilot light is on but does & does not ignite any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Decent photos of your hot storage unit,loft tanks,gas boiler,3 way valve pipe arrangement,pump arrangement will help to see what system you have,

It's a thermal store other than that I cant find anything about it.

The Ideal classic boiler is an: RS40. I have checked the pump & that works fine, it's been mentioned that there should be a 10L tank in the loft & they reckon that the ball valve is stuck on closed so no water can get through, I cannot see any tank in the loft. The valve is a honeywell 3 way valve & the lever is loose with no resistance on it at all. I will upload photos ASAP, Cheers

Sponsored Links
Capture.PNG
I think this is along the lines of what you have although I cant be sure its exactly the same, see if you have a small tank inside the store and that its full of water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back