IDEAL CLASSIC FN30 BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ideal classic fn30 boiler pilot light has gone out, and I have tried to re-ignite it but to no avail. It is cold now and I have no hot water. Been told it could be the fan that has stuck, but i'm worried about taking the front off the boiler to check it. Also does this model have an overheat stat button and if so where is it . Any one got any help for me pretty cold now. Thanks Wendyatalpha.

Sponsored Links
Most classics have the overheat button right hand side where the flap drops down. Don't know this model precisely though.

Is this model electronic ignition or manual sparker?

If manual does the pilot light then go out when you release the large button? If so thermocouple gone.

If electronic could be dirt in the pilot injector, fan gone, or aps gone.

Unfortunately all RGI jobs :cry:

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. Not sure if its electric or manual, instructions just say to switch off electric to boiler, turn boiler switch to off position. Then turn everything back on and boiler should ignite within 15 seconds, but nothing happens. Boiler making a noise as if it wants to ignite but nothing happens

Is the boiler making a humming noise, and is it warm/hot on the top/front of the casing?

Sponsored Links
i would be suspecting the fan, when boiler is humming can you feel the fan pressure at the flue terminal.

Yes boiler is making a humming noise when i put the heating on, but nothing happens, and no the casing isn't warm, it stone cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back