I knew he was innocent

I would have thought you would agree that in a democracy nobody should be able to shut parliament because it suits them

you cant apply parliamentary democracy when it suits.

It wasn't.

Sponsored Links
It finally puts a nail in the constiution. Well it lasted just over 300 years.

The US is not a great democracy anymore, perhaps it never was.

It finally puts a nail in the constiution. Well it lasted just over 300 years.

The US is not a great democracy anymore, perhaps it never was.

Firstly, the constitution is less than 250 years old, not over 300.
Secondly, to be fair (and reasonable), I'd conclude, on the basis of what you're saying, democracy ended when Bill Clinton was impeached, he was equally as guilty but acquitted anyway.
But hang on, no, to be fair, democracy ended in 1868 when Andrew Johnson was impeached on exactly the same charges as The Donald, and, good lord, he was acquitted too.

So, what's the difference between the 3 Presidents other than you're not a fan of Trump.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

It wasn't a trial in the normal sense, it was a political trial rather than a legal one.
What are the chances of finding anyone guilty of anything if a majority of those on the jury are their mates.
I don't think Trump did anything that any other president wouldn't do.

Sponsored Links
senators voted against calling witnesses or admitting new evidence.

That's a good trick

Next time you're in court accused of a major crime, make sure most of the jurors are your underlings, and the judge refuses to allow prosecution witnesses or evidence. You'll have a good chance of getting away with it.

Firstly, the constitution is less than 250 years old, not over 300.
Secondly, to be fair (and reasonable), I'd conclude, on the basis of what you're saying, democracy ended when Bill Clinton was impeached, he was equally as guilty but acquitted anyway.
But hang on, no, to be fair, democracy ended in 1868 when Andrew Johnson was impeached on exactly the same charges as The Donald, and, good lord, he was acquitted too.

So, what's the difference between the 3 Presidents other than you're not a fan of Trump.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Trump is a product of the current Republicans and that's where the problem lies. You want to refer to Johnson well on his impeachment trial he was acquitted because they did not get 2/3 majority by one vote. The Republicans saw sense when they forced Nixon out, they put the country before party.

In the Nixon Watergate scandal after all the evidence was shown all it took in the end was Republcan senator Goldwater to ask Nixon to resign and he duly did.

As to Clinton he had an affair with a whitehouse intern and then lied about it. Yet I see you brush off Johnson indescretions.

So the current set of Republicans who have stymied over 400 pieces of legislation voted for in the House are the ones I aim my ire at, Trump is just the embodiment of their nature.

Trump is a product of the current Republicans and that's where the problem lies. You want to refer to Johnson well on his impeachment trial he was acquitted because they did not get 2/3 majority by one vote. The Republicans saw sense when they forced Nixon out, they put the country before party.

In the Nixon Watergate scandal after all the evidence was shown all it took in the end was Republcan senator Goldwater to ask Nixon to resign and he duly did.

As to Clinton he had an affair with a whitehouse intern and then lied about it. Yet I see you brush off Johnson indescretions.

So the current set of Republicans who have stymied over 400 pieces of legislation voted for in the House are the ones I aim my ire at, Trump is just the embodiment of their nature.

you raise some interesting points.;)

you raise some interesting points.;)

Country before party should be the oath taken by every politician of every hue.

Policies should not be derived from your political standing be it right or left. Policies should address the issues not ideology.

The current set of Republicans instead of tempering their idiotic policies have doubled down, the more their policies fail the more extreme positions they take. Now ballooning debt doesn't matter.

Thank goodness the UK doesn't have any politicians willing to lie or break the law.

If we did, would we allow politicians to act unlawfully?

Desperate times desperate measures John. Still, looking on the bright side, Gina Miller might have won that battle, she certainly lost the war though.

The liars are now in charge.
All we will get is lies
Not a win for the UK

All politicians are porky piers

or economical with the actual alleterre

tis the way it is ;)

as for this trump caper , it is or was all about the up coming election , nothing more than that

who cares tbh :)

All politicians are porky piers

or economical with the actual alleterre

tis the way it is ;)

as for this trump caper , it is or was all about the up coming election , nothing more than that

who cares tbh :)

Interesting (US) definition of "politician" :

Screenshot_20200202-191051.png

Sponsored Links
Back