I like James Blunt

Sponsored Links
I disliked his first single but I liked his second album and I generally like him. I havnt gave it too much thought to why people dislike him so but the fact he seems a 'toff' seems to come up a lot. He's an easy target for working class tabloids music 'journalists'. He is going down a storm in America were they dont hold peoples backgrounds against them.

I'd imagine his military past gets up peoples nose too - especially lefties.

If he's the object of derision, why do so many people buy his records?
By your question I take it that you believe it to possible that he isn't the object of derision. If you think that, then you're wrong, so ignoring that wrongness, I guess you're simply asking who buys his records. I would have thought the process was fairly simple, and quite obvious, but it's this:

unknown->music published->rich/famous->celebrity->derided
Do you have a reading problem, no1 i didn't say he wasn't an object of derision. No2 i didn't ask who buys his records, i asked why do people buy his records?he may be an object of derision for some people but he isn't an object of derision for everyone. So for you say he is an object of derision is Wrong.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a reading problem
Very much not.

...no1 i didn't say he wasn't an object of derision.
That's right - but I did.

... No2 i didn't ask who buys his records, i asked why do people buy his records?
And I answered that question.

he may be an object of derision for some people but he isn't an object of derision for everyone.
I didn't say, or imply, that everyone hates him.

So for you say he is an object of derision is Wrong.
I disagree. He's an object of derision to anyone for whom he's an object of derision.

It really isn't necessary to qualify the context for every single sentence written on the forum, just for the hard of understanding.

For example, if someone says that football is a source of pleasure and entertainment, clearly they're implying a limited context, and excluding those people who don't like it. It isn't necessary to state that it's a source of pleasure and entertainment for some people.

However, to be perfectly clear about something, this topic was created to solicit opinions on the subject in hand. I didn't think that it was necessary to state that opinions are welcome only from people who understand what I'm getting at, so I'll state it now: your opinion is not welcome, because you don't understand, so please spend your time on other topics, not this one.

Do you have a reading problem
Very much not.

...no1 i didn't say he wasn't an object of derision.
That's right - but I did.

... No2 i didn't ask who buys his records, i asked why do people buy his records?
And I answered that question.

he may be an object of derision for some people but he isn't an object of derision for everyone.
I didn't say, or imply, that everyone hates him.

So for you say he is an object of derision is Wrong.
I disagree. He's an object of derision to anyone for whom he's an object of derision.

It really isn't necessary to qualify the context for every single sentence written on the forum, just for the hard of understanding.

For example, if someone says that football is a source of pleasure and entertainment, clearly they're implying a limited context, and excluding those people who don't like it. It isn't necessary to state that it's a source of pleasure and entertainment for some people.

However, to be perfectly clear about something, this topic was created to solicit opinions on the subject in hand. I didn't think that it was necessary to state that opinions are welcome only from people who understand what I'm getting at, so I'll state it now: your opinion is not welcome, because you don't understand, so please spend your time on other topics, not this one.
You didn't answer my question, why do people buy his songs? so before you go of on a tangent let me give you the answer, because they like his music! you should get of the house more.

"..................... and here we go again"

Hi joe-90.

What maketh you of this James Hillier Blount thing?

He came in as too big a star with that first single (which I didn't like) but I like the 1974 track and 'same mistake again'. I quite like him. Most artists are incapable of singing a note in tune when they are taken out of the studio with its 'auto tune' feature, but Blunt can do it without. I've seen a vid or two of him live and he's pretty good. Personally, I tend to prefer female vocalists, dunno why. (maybe that's why I like James Blunt? :LOL: )

Vinty , a word of warning as you are a relative newcomer to this site, Softus tends to be a like a dog with a bone if he gets his teeth into you, he won't let go. :evil:
I and many others have been there and done that and realized that life is to short. :rolleyes:
Nice to see you back in full flow Softus ;)

Hitler tried to bomb us into submission ... Softus tries to do the same with verbosity ... Death by boredom :LOL:

Hi, James Blunt's music can be likened to the daily mail. You know it's there, you try your damnedest to ignore it, but it cant help but annoying the hell out of you.

He seems like an ok chap, but I cant excuse his music.

Softus, a fiver says you read the daily mail son????

Sponsored Links
Back