I like my new gun!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sealant gun, that is. It's a Tajima Convoy CNV100SP12, to be exact. Tajima do lots of different models but this is one of the ones that has what they call Auto Flow Stop, which is a posh way of saying that after every squeeze of the trigger, the piston retracts a few millimetres, enough to stop the sealant/adhesive/whatever continuing to ooze out of the nozzle. As long as it isn't too viscous, that is. Used it today on my kitchen worktop with some DC785+ and it's definitely an improvement on guns that don't have that feature. Under £23 delivered, off Amazon.
IMG_20220322_162549805.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cox, if still in business.
Had mine 25 odd years and that "special" feature" was already there.
And you can push a button and turn the "special feature" off.

"Professional", but only accommodates 310ml cartridges?
Yes, because not all materials (e.g. coloured silicones) come in larger cartridges, @^woody^ . A few products like Pink Grip are a bit of a faff as well as wome deco caulks being a bit on the big side. Very effective gun and works well - been using them about 6 years and now on my second one. They also do a 2-ratio gun as well. Ox do a good heavy duty gun as well as Tajima and Cox

I have a "sausage gun" caulking gun as well for bulk caulking work, but as you generally have to but the skins in boxes of 25 or 50 I don't see those being a DIY product.

Cox, if still in business.
Had mine 25 odd years...
How on earth do you get a gun to last that long? Cox is still in business - just ordered a Cox duble thrust gun for epoxy filler today

Sponsored Links
I gave my new Tajima away after realising it was a centimetre short of being able to use the 400mm cartridges!

Q. J&K asks how you get such a tool to last for 25 yrs?

A. Never use it.

By looking after it.
Like all other my tools, they get regularly cleaned and maintained.
I like making my power tools look like new, especially the saws.

I must admit that I am quite an.al about keeping my tools clean as well. I am the same about the clothes that I wear when working. After work, when I pop in to the pub (wearing my work clothes) people often don't believe me when I tell them that I spent the whole day rolling walls and ceilings.

Part of my rationale is that if your tools are dirty, you probably have dirty hands and if you have dirty hands, everything you touch will become dirty.

The piston part of a cartridge can be down the tube enough to cut the outer casing off so will in the gun
Yes I did this a couple of times, but then I thought if they are stupid enough not to make them a centimetre bigger then I will buy another brand!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back