I love cooking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What good food would you serve to a couple of friends for dinner?
I have a friend that makes awesome currys from scratch, so I wouldn't try to cook that for them. Personally, I'm not in to starters ( unless you call a Vodka and lemonade a starter ) so what's it to be with you guys?
I cooked a Venison Wellington with Port reduction, mash and veg - followed by Creme Brulee.
I love Chinese food ( are we allowed to say that on here anymore? ) Preperation takes longer than cooking.
Roast Lamb and all the trimmings is still my favourite :D

Sponsored Links
A man who cooks.....what a dream :)

I did a fab starter for friends last week ... large flat mushrooms with a stuffing made with stilton and walnuts delicious, always a big hit.
Then home made tandoori chicken.
The sweet was pears poached in white wine, cinnamon and vanilla coated in dark chocolate with whipped fresh cream.

But I do agree a roast lamb dinner is still the best.

If you love lamb, try doing a kleftiko, the meat just falls off the bone and it's easy to cook. Serve with herby rice or garlic roasties. Or roasted baby new potatoes with some garlic salt! ,mmmmmmmm! :D

Morrocan lamb with prunes and almonds went down well last time I made it

bread and butter pudding with fancy bread/brioche

Sponsored Links
Susie, the mushrooms sound deliscious, but then you spoil it by eating dead animals. :cry:

I can't eat lamb - I keep thinking of the poor little thing that had no life. :cry:

Susie, the mushrooms sound deliscious, but then you spoil it by eating dead animals. :cry:
It's not like it's foie gras is it!
Although I am partial to a bit of Veal!mmmmmmmm it's so wrong it's right!

What was it they were saying on the news a few weeks ago?
A link between bowel cancer and eating meat. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I thought it was processed food! :rolleyes:
We are all gonna die anyway, I will take my chances!
I love bacon too much!

A few years ago some Swedish 'scientists' claimed cornflakes may be possible causes of some rare cancers.
So, best advice is don't eat, don't drink and you'll live to be 100

hours old!

Sponsored Links
Back