I Need an 'In' Valve for Bellows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm salvaging a pair of bellows from an old beekeeper's smoker, to use in a project requiring a blast of air. The bellows are in good working order but has only one hole for air in and out.

My plan is to attached one end of a flexible 8mm PVC tube to the bellows and the other end to the box into which I want to blast air. I will either shove the tube into the hole and rely on it just sticking there, or find some sort of plumbing fitting for it (any recommendations welcomed). Same with the other end into the box.

The problem is that there won't be a hole for the ingress of air into the bellows, can anyone recommend a valve that I can use? The bellows is made from two 10mm wooden boards and the existing hole is ⅜" diameter.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_9537.JPG
    IMG_9537.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
the valve in bellows is just a flap of leather on the inside, commonly rectangular, fastened at one end.

When they are held horizontally, (inlet hole down) the flap flops over the hole by gravity, and, on compression, seals the hole. On induction, it opens due to the slight air pressure difference.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back