I need to add an internal sill - what material?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newly fitted kitchen window with wooden sill, but then had to be trimmed once the worktop was fitted:

What I need to do is add a cover to the existing wooden sill, which will bridge the gap to the worktop. Needs to be approx 1.8m long, and the depth is 10cm - these sizes are approximate as I can trim anything larger. The actual worktop is about 5mm lower than the wooden sill, so ideally I would like something not too high (10mm max?) with an L-shaped profile.

Is there any material suitable? Also, wanted to avoid standard PVC window trim as likely to scrape since the sill is in use quite a lot to hold things. Wood I guess would do (can't find anything with the correct profile) but rather it was already white and better for wet areas than painted wood.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back