I THINK I DID IT RIGHT.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I left the PRV open when doing the expansion vessel and I cut off the two cocks as instructed by ACOperson. I think i did it right.Ant suggestions?

Sponsored Links
try to drain the boiler without using the prv there is a good chance it may not reseal after, there should be a point to drain your boiler without using the prv. or else get a prv just in case.

I have done it with the outlet drains outside. Thanks.Any idea if expansion vessel pressure varies from boiler to boiler?

expansion vessel precharge pressure should be in the manual but some where between 1 to 2 bar should be a safe bet , its is always best to find out the correct pressure,try ringing the manufacturer they shold tell you

Sponsored Links
I bet you're right. I was told to repressurise it to 0.9 but it seems to be too little. It has helped to slow down the build up of pressure so we're on the right track.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back