I think i know what i'm after but not the name!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, new here so Hi firstly, and i appreciate any advice!

Basically one of my rooms is converted in to a recording type studio, and i have these acoustic panels that i want to attach to the wall..

They're about 4ft high, 2 ft in width and 5'' thick, they are quite heavy (you can lift them but probably couldn't hold them longer than a few minutes),

Anyway i want to mount these to the wall, so i imagine it's a similar case to how you hang a heavy mirror, however i have tried googling that and couldn't find anything specific.

I have came up with two ideas, the first being a bracket that screws in to the wall then in to my panel, however i have tried typing in 'bracket' to screwfix and couldn't find what i was looking for, my second option is a sort of 'hook' type action, kind of like how a radiator is hung i think, there is a bracket on each unit (the wall and the panel) and the panel sort of clips in to the wall one via a hook like mechanism of some sort, again i couldn't find much on screwfix

I've attached a picture, one of the panel and a drawing, the top picture is the panel and how the wood is on the back, it isn't the thickest strip i have to work with, and the bottom two are a diagram of what i am looking at

If anybody can point me in the right direction i would be so appreciative, or if you can think of a better alternative then i also welcome that,

Thank you!

Mike

[/b]

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response so far!

Just going to check that picture now,

The weight is 8kg, the wall is plaster, i had them screwed in to a shelving fixing prior, i have attached a picture, with those metal things you put in the wall to create a screw fixture (apologise for my lack of knowledge, DIY isn't my strong point at the moment)

Thanks

Mike

Edit : I just took a look at that picture, and that is generally the idea, however i am looking for something a little more slimline if possible, i know that something small would be able to hold it as they're held up no problem with the shelving units i had previously built, but i just struggle in finding the right product, i fully appreciate that picture though and it is very much close to what i'm after, it's just i'm trying to get as slimline as possible with these as i spend 90% of my time in here at the moment

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
I agree with harbourwoodwork.

I'd go for two screws and plugs in the wall (plugs dependant on wall type). I'd then attach a chord, like a picture, to the back of the frames. Finally I'd get some accoustifeet** and attach one to each corner to hold the panel off the wall.

**That's a trade name, got some for my PC and they're brilliant at noise reduction.

But basically any properly designed rubber feet or even spiked screws will do. It's all down to contact area.

The weight is 8kg, the wall is plaster, i had them screwed in to a shelving fixing prior, i have attached a picture, with those metal things you put in the wall to create a screw fixture (apologise for my lack of knowledge, DIY isn't my strong point at the moment)

Thanks

Mike

Edit : I just took a look at that picture, and that is generally the idea, however i am looking for something a little more slimline if possible, i know

that something small would be able to hold it as they're held up no problem with the shelving units i had previously built, but i just struggle in finding the right product, i fully appreciate that picture though and it is very much close to what i'm after, it's just i'm trying to get as slimline as possible with these as i spend 90% of my time in here at the moment

Thanks again

s21.postimg.org/geta782pf/Screen_Shot_2013_03_28_at_23_35_10.jpg[/img][/url]

Thanks

Mike

Edit : I just took a look at that picture, and that is generally the idea,

however i am looking for something a little more slimline if possible, i know

that something small would be able to hold it as they're held up no problem with the shelving units i had previously built, but i just struggle in finding the right product, i fully appreciate that picture though and it is very much close to what i'm after, it's just i'm trying to get as slimline as possible with these as i spend 90% of my time in here at the moment

Thanks again

s21.postimg.org/geta782pf/Screen_Shot_2013_03_28_at_23_35_10.jpg[/img][/url]

Acouple of questions:

Are the studio walls domestic or sound proofed

Are the Acoustic panels general sound absorbing panels or bass traps

A couple of questions:

Are the walls sound proofed or domestic

Are the acusic panels general sound absorbing or bass traps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back