I want a 2m high garden fence... Why are all the ready made panels 1.83m?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want a 2m high garden fence... Why are all the panels 1.83m?

Is the idea that I combine the 1.83 pannel with another board under it? Gravel boards don't seem to make up the missing 17cm...

What's the best way to get a 2m high fence at a reasonable price?

Sponsored Links
coz 1.83 m is 6ft, which I think is the maximum height for a fence (you might want to check that though)

Sponsored Links
Look at closeboard fences. Look much better than panels in my opinion and can go the full height required

fence panel 1830mm + 150mm gravel board = 1980mm

are you complaining about 20mm o_O

2 meters is the max height for a fence by law but for some reason fence panels are made in 3 foot 4 foot and six foot heights still. Never mind when Bojo finally gets us out of the corruption we can all go back to £ s d and feet and inches. get rid of the rubbish foreign metric stuff. That'll confuse the kiddos and most of the people on here.

Yes and why are tyres measured in inches for wheel dia and mm for width?
To confuse Johnny Foreigner that's why!:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Both metric and imperial measurements are no bother for many of us, you old farts just need to lift your heads out of the sand.

Imperial has it's uses "give him a mm and he will take a Km does not have the same ring to it!
Stumped the 40 year old kids in skype quiz with how many farthings in an old pound, what was a farthing was the reply!

2 meters is the max height for a fence by law but for some reason fence panels are made in 3 foot 4 foot and six foot heights still. Never mind when Bojo finally gets us out of the corruption we can all go back to £ s d and feet and inches. get rid of the rubbish foreign metric stuff. That'll confuse the kiddos and most of the people on here.

I'm sure the arithmetically competent are Capable of multiplying inches by 2.54 cm :LOL:

Back to LSD huh, well we abandoned that well before we joined EEC, so I doubt it.

L.S.D stands for Librae,Solidi,Dinarii which is Latin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back