I want to buy a scaffolding tower, need advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My partner and I are in the process of trawling the internet for scaffolding towers with working height of 7metres. I'm gagging at the prices and have found DIY grade tower for £419. I'm reliably told that this will be of inferior quality by my partner!
Need advice on:
Can I get 2nd hand scaffolding towers preferably aluminium
Are DIY towers of poor quality anyone any experience of them?
Anyone any ideas of good suppliers of scaffolding.

Max no.of people working on the scaffolding will be 2. Wish to be able to construct and carry around by one person.
thanks

Sponsored Links
your partner is right!
you cannot work at 7m height on a diy tower, we use the youngman lightweight aluminium towers which are very sturdy at 7m with the extendable support legs. last time i looked on shebay they were selling new for about 1500. you can always hire them in local merchants.

Hi, i also have been looking to buy a alley tower but even second hand the prices are shocking and personally cant see why they are so sky high(excuse the pun) prices!

Sponsored Links
I thought buying was cheaper than hire in the long run. Is this not the case?
Thanks for advice so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back