Icon T23 - should I get new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've been reading posts on here and it sounds like my divertor valve may have gone as I'm not getting any hot water unless my heating is on (my boiler is approx 12 years old).

However, someone has said it's about £165 to buy the valve and that it's about a 4 hour job, wquld I, therefore, be better getting a new boiler?

I replaced all my radiators about 5 years ago and wanted to fit a new boiler then but the guy who was doing it as a homer said there was absolutely no need to do so as it was only about 7 years old at the time, even though I thought it was the best time when he was already there and I had the money.lol

I've read on another site that even with a boiler of approx £500 it could cost as much as £3,000 to install as you need new rads, possibly piping, blah blah blah. Surely that can't be right? If I have a combi boiler surely it's a simple matter of removing the old one and installing the new one and therefore it should only be a couple of hundred pounds to be installed, especially as my radiators are only 5 years old?

I'd welcome any advice. I'm in Glasgow (don't know if it's cheaper/dearer up here).

Thanking you in anticipation.

Jo

Sponsored Links
Only a cheap boiler is £500 and then you get similar problems to your cheap Icon.

To change a boiler will cost about £300-£800 plus boiler cost.

To repair your boiler might be about £180. To fit a replacement diverter valve about £300.

I charged even less last time as I first tried to just repair it and then found the rear section was stuck and had to chemically clean it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back