Quoting - and quote examples

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As previous posts say i have, just decided to go by myself and work for myself i have been asked to quote for a boiler change i have myself and labour sorted etc but want to know how others layout there quotes maybe show me some examples(No Personal Data) to help me come up with a quoting method including disclaimers etc.

I.e

Do you say something like this

Power Flushing:
Current System Power flushed exceeding BS 7593. £XXX.xx+ Vat (XXX.XX Inc)

Blah Blah Blah disclaimer about damaged or old Radiator valves and possibility of leaks.

Gas Pipe:
Blah Blah Blah

I can Supply email address etc if youwould rather email but as i have never done written quotes this is new to me, also what forms do yougive do you use any particular power flushing form for example?

All assistance is reatly appricated during my transition

Regards

Sponsored Links
I just have a disclaimer for powerflushing saying any leaks caued by this will be fixed but are chargeable

Thanks,

I am quoting for the whole boiler replacement, and the power flush is one part of it, i really want to see the way others do there quotes and how they lay them out what information they include.

Regards

Most people, if they are sensible, will include standard terms and conditions that are included with, and form part of, the quotation and any resultant contract.

What you put in your T&Cs is down to you but I would have thought it should include such things as:-

Payment terms
PLI details and exclusions
Working hours
Variations
Latent faults and defects
Consequential damage
Warranties / guarantees

etc etc

Sponsored Links
EliteHeat

Thanks how do you layout the quotes though.

Do you Give Every thing a price and include the legislation covering it as per the power flush example i give your just an list and price for each item and a total price?

Some example layouts would be nice: Showing the diffrent messures

Regards

From the other side of the fence

If I were getting a quote, I would like to have all items priced individually, but I wouldnt expect it.

I think your quote should list the work you are doing & a price, maybe a time scale.

thanks DIYisfun.

Anyone want to show me an example they use it would be appricated can supply an email address if you can't or dont want to put iton th enet.

Regards

Gas work!! - are you registered (Corgi)? If so, then you'll be able to get loads of help from them, including pre-printed blank forms ranging from Estimates throught to Sorry You Weren't In cards. Of course, as you'll be insured do do this type of work you might want to have a chat with your insurers about any exclusion clauses you have printed on your paperwork. Also most wordprocessing packages have Contract Templates included - maybe some gental tweaking of these would suit your purposes (remember they're likely to be geared to the US). Check-out Microsoft UK for any UK type Contract Templates.

Gas work!! - are you registered (Corgi)?
Yes I am CORGI Registered

If so, then you'll be able to get loads of help from them, including pre-printed blank forms ranging from Estimates throught to Sorry You Weren't In cards

At Those Prices you are having a laugh, and there so rigid.

I am after examples of how people layout there quotes etc, how much information do they give, do they mention the regulations, do they do total break down.

I have a pretty good idea of what to put and how to do them i just want to get it so where possible if there is a general look / feel that mine look correct.

regards

If you have access installed on your PC then email me and I can send some samples to you.

Is this the sort of thing you mean?

tc1.jpg

tc2.jpg

Email has been sent, and hopefully the information should clear up what i am after

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back