ICOS SYSTEM BOILER NO LIFE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BOILER IS 3 YEARS OLD AND WAS WORKING THIS MORNING. NO DISPLAY SO NO FAULT CODES.PERMENANT LIVE IS OK AS THE RED LIGHT IS ON THE SWITCH. MANUAL DOSE NOT MENTION THIS PROBLEM HAS ANY ONE GOT ANY IDEARS.

Sponsored Links
usually the pcb when there is no display at all

Yes PCB is the first thing to check. Failing that why not swap it for an ISAR :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
pcb in the icos or not much better. Big black box if a recall dont forget the jumpers lol

hav it said:
pcb in the icos or not much better. Big black box if a recall dont forget the jumpers lol

Yeh black plastic box, has a good MI that comes with it though for model and jumper reqs. I always forget to put the HT lead back in, everytime.

Thats not my experiences!

I would say that is caused by water leaking from AAV or pipe above dropping onto the connector into display PCB where there is a back to back PCB connector.

That may have also taken out the main PCB but it might have survived.

New ones might need jumpers setting to your model.

Tony

Dammit always forget that

as agile says check the connecton to the user interface jack from the main PCB for corrosion, this kills em

Must say tony its my experiance that the main PCB rarely if ever survives this blatant design failure lmao

Ideal icos and isar sucks a really big fat one ;)

The design failure of an electrical part under an AAV does not stop there!

The main PCB does not have any protection against overcurrent in the supply to the display module and as you say it often overheats and spoils the main PCB.

Two design faults in one!!!

A cynic might say this is part of the design just intended to sell more spare parts !!!

Tony

I agree, water leak (condensate, system or domestic) is usual suspect. Check the violet wiring harness between the user and main PCBs for continuity first, then clean up the interconnecting card (the bit the user display PCB plugs into). If it was the user display that was not communicating with the main PCB I would expect a red dash (or green on the HE models)

Thanks to all of you. It was the pcb. A new one has been installed and my mum and the dog are all nice and warm. :) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back