ICS Course: Electrical Engineering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This isn't a project as such (re-wiring my home is though) but I just thought I'd share it with you. Has anyone else done this course or is doing it?

I gotta say that it does seem to have thrown me in at the deep end a bit and some of it is going a bit over my head. I am on the first module (DC Pricncipals) but I will keep at it. :)

Sponsored Links
What's ICS? What do you get at the end of it?

spark said:
What's ICS? What do you get at the end of it?

ICS is International Correspondence Schools (I think). It's that advert you see on the tele. She say's about PC repairs, fitness instructor, bookkeeping..etc.

At the end you get an ICS diploma in electrical engineering. I think it's a recognized diploma.

Are you sure? I would look into whether it's industry recognised before you get too far in. I've done my BTEC ONC & HNC which are definately recognised in industry but I've not come across ICS before... :confused: If it's anything like the ONC/HNC then you won't learn a thing about electrical installations. That's why I did my City & Guilds 2360, 2381 & 2391 as well.

Sponsored Links
I've already got too far in. The course is paid for and I've started it. Here are the key topics as listed on their website and in my study plan:

DC Principles
Electrochemistry
Electromagnetism and Electrostatics
AC Circuit Theory
DC Generators and Motors
Principles of Electronics
AC and DC Machinery
Motor Control
Electronic Instruments and Measurement
Operation of AC Machinery
Operation of DC Machinery
Installation Systems and Accessories
Electrical Apparatus
Electrical Wiring Practice
Filament and Discharge Lamps
Illumination Practice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back