Idea iCOS H12 boiler stop working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After I press reset, I see 'c' and burner light flashes, I hear the boiler tries ignition 2/3 times and water bulbling, then 'c' goes to 'L F'.
I tried serveral times, it is same. before this, I heared big noise like banging. I have no idea of what is faulty? I moved to this new house more than two years ago.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Any boiler repair is easy for a boiler engineer ( except some Ideal faults! ).

For a DIYer defrosting the condensate drain with hot water would be easy.

It might be blocked so that might be easy or difficult depending .

The sump is part of the conbustion chamber so should only be opened by a registered engineer. No one on here should be advising you to do that yourself.

Tony

Any boiler repair is easy for a boiler engineer ( except some Ideal faults! ).

For a DIYer defrosting the condensate drain with hot water would be easy.

It might be blocked so that might be easy or difficult depending .

The sump is part of the conbustion chamber so should only be opened by a registered engineer. No one on here should be advising you to do that yourself.

Tony

I am IT and electronics engineer, have enough knowledge and experience to fix electronics. If repairing involves Gas, that is beyond my expertise.

See the white pipe under boiler, follow it to see where it goes outside pour hot water off this pipe to clear the ice, had loads recently, lag this pipe after doing this.

advising people to pour water on the pipe is not a good idea as it then freezes on the outside and all over the floor beneath
we use a small hairdryer to warm the tube gradually whilst keeping the outside dry.

I just removed ice, there are some water to come out. But when I switched on the boiler, it is not powered on, I don't see '8' initially.

Just as we had expected!

Kevin must have a lot of time to spend with a hairdryer!

In the London world there is just not enough time to get a hairdryer and extension lead so a kettle full of hot water takes just two min to boil!

I recently had to ask a bald customer if he had a hairdryer! He saw the ( intended ) joke and found his girlfriend's !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back