ideal icon HE 15 - L:F Error code, flashing Burner LED...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ideal icon HE 15 - L:F Error code, flashing Burner LED and no hot water :(

Have no idea about boilers... When you turn it on it flashes F. L straight away, hold the reset button for a couple of seconds and it changes to "1" then to a small "c" (The burner is constantly flashing at this point)

I then sounds like it ignites (although i dont know what to listen for), it makes some loud vibrating sounds occasionally and eventually, after about 10 - 15 mins, stops making noise and then goes back to F. L (The burner light goes out)

Do i just need to call out an engineer or is there something else i can try first??

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it could be condensate blockage,follow the condense pipe (white one ) from the boiler,it may be frozen if it runs outside,make sure this is clear.
If its ok then it could be the trap/sump in the boiler.its possible to remove it and clean,but unless you know what you are doing you could flood all the electrics etc.

Put a bucket under ot and took the trap off, there didnt seem to be anything in the way of a blockage just a bit gunky.

So i poured some hot water over the pipes where they go outside just to be sure.

Put it all back together and worked first time.

Not sure which it was but its working now.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back