Idea Isar M30100 Boiler Firing Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pleeeeaaasseee can somebody help!

I've had a (less than) ideal isar combi boiler for a number of years now and I'm having problems with it firing up.
By looking through the other forum posts I'm feeling lucky that mine has lasted for so long (about 5yrs now) without any major problems until now.

The problem that I've got is that sometimes the boiler works fine (phew!) but other times when it feels like it it just refuses to work.

What happens is that it seems to shut itself down and either flashes "E"&"H" or "E"&"S" and refuses to do anything.

If I switch it off and on it usually, eventually, decides to work again, but more and more frequently it just sounds as if it's about to fire up (you can hear the initial 'click' but nothing else comes to life) but then does nothing.

I've had the cover off when trying to switch it on and off and it feels as if something either on the PCB or the Actuator is trying to switch but isn't managing it.

Oh and finally, when I press the 'reset' button is does absolutely NOTHING - I'm beginning to suspect this button is just a cunning decoy and is in fact not connected to anything.

Any help would be very gratefully received (especially as it's -2 outside at the moment)

Thanks
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Reset button only works when boiler has locked out with a L code.

Take the outer front cover off and check the jumpers on the pcb (top right) are in properly and not loose.

Guys,

Thank you, you're stars.
I was beginning to think it may be the PCB but didn't want to fork out £100 (on eBay at the moment) on my uneducated guess.

Your help is much appreciated - I'll get one tomorrow and defrost the cat once the radiators kick in!

Mucho gracias :D

Sponsored Links
HE can be caused by fan issues - wots resistance across red and blue at fan?? Expect between 110 - 130 ohms, also check all earths, it could be flame det earth.......

Check continuity down gas valve loom, and also that O/H stat (orange wires) aint at fault...

if ya go to either ideal or bg ya might be able to get a fixed price repair (£168 parts and labour from bg) not bad to say the pcb is around £200, and it does sound like the pcb

Yes mate I do........

Ideal do fixed price, all inc £210 including HEX

Not according to your call centre(warmsure out of warranty line)...heat ex not included :confused: Have they been fibbing?

Yes Scat, as per our other post, I think you have 'had the wool pulled over your eyes' on that one :rolleyes:

if ya do want advice on Ideal faults I can help ya know

Lets hope you are as good as Dave(the legend) Kemp on the help line and less miserable and clueless as that woman who sometimes answers. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back