Ideal Isar M30100 boiler & hot radiators all summer!

T

thebear843

I have an Ideal Isar M30100 boiler and Ive noticed that it has been randomly fireing up throughout the summer and some of my radiators are quite warm, despite the fact that my thermostat has been turned off.

When it fires up the display shows a 't' symbol and the left hand pipe (the one with the pressure gague) gets hot.

Is this a fault?

Ive resorted to only switching the boiler on when we need a shower, which is getting a pain in the arse!

Sponsored Links
yes this is a fault sounds like the diverter valve could be sticking and allowing warm water round the rads when the hot water tap is runnung

t is the pre-heat function working to keep the plate HE hot.

Otherwise as above, new DV needed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, I'll ask my plumber to look at the diverter valve.

So is there any benefit in having the pre-heat function. Am I right in assuming that it keeps the water hot so that the boiler doesnt suddenly have to heat the cold water when the hot tap is turned on?

And does this explain why it keeps firing up at random?

it fires when the heat exchanger plate falls below a certain temp.waste of time really unless hot outlets 6 foot from boiler.new boiler has preheat disable switch on front

My boiler is located in my garage. The pipes run through the garage wall, into the carport and then into the house (about 12ft from boiler to house). Could this explain why it pre-heats all the time?

I might look into getting the kit from Ideal that disables the pre heat, as suggested by 'diverdee'.

I assume the pre heat will be adding to my fuel bills!

it does add to the bill slightly but is more of a noise nuisance if in house really kit cheap n diy to fit

Thanks diverdee, I'll get in touch with Ideal about the kit, or ask my plumber to sort it out.

Cheers.

When you have plumber over get him to check the flu turret if it has a small extension
(some period of m30 100 have a small extension called an interim flu kit which is made of aluminium so the condensate rots it) What he has to do is inspect where it enters the flu manifold to ensure it hasn't rotten because if it has then first and foremost boiler performance is poor since exhaust gasses get into clean air intake, but more noticeably condensate runs down inside boiler and takes out one or both pcb's, not to mension dripping out from under boiler.

the preheat is allowing hot water to the rads but even if disabled you will still get hot water going to rads when you run hot water so you will still need to change divertor head, i've had to do mine twice, easy job but can't remember how much the divertor cost

I assume that the pre heat is just keeping the water warm for when you eventually turn the hot water tap on?

If so, I think I'll get the disableing kit fitted.

I have an Ideal Isar M30100 boiler and Ive noticed that it has been randomly fireing up throughout the summer and some of my radiators are quite warm, despite the fact that my thermostat has been turned off.

When it fires up the display shows a 't' symbol and the left hand pipe (the one with the pressure gague) gets hot.

Is this a fault?

Ive resorted to only switching the boiler on when we need a shower, which is getting a pain in the a**e!

The same thing happened to my HE30 Isar combi boiler, i phone a local plumber who told me to flush the system, and also if this didnt work increase the pressure by opening the water valve until the boiler vibrates quite bad to dislodge any build up that may get into the divertion valve, then let the water pressure go back to normal level by letting water out of the system.
This worked and my boiler now working better than ever, "t" symbol comes on every 90 mins or so :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back