ideal isar m30100 problem help pls!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ideal isar m30100 pcb has been replaced twice within 4-5 months and now at the moment the boiler does not fire up, condensate trap and gas valve has been checked

When the boiler is on i can hear the fan going...

but prior to the boiler working at times very intermittently i could hear an unusal noise that seemed to come from the fan

the boiler light on the user panel flashes (does not stay on permanent) then goes in to LF flame dectection error mode

My question is i have been told if the pcb has been replaced twice it could be the fan that is causing to burn out the pcb, so would it be best for me to replace the fan and the pcb?

Hopefully someone has been here before and I would be very grateful for any advice they could offer.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the light does not stay on at all, the both flame and ignition electrodes have been replaced

Sponsored Links
if the spark is loud the ignition lead has probably just come out of the pcb

The fan can effect the pcb,but normally blows it,so dies completely,i would double check the ignition lead is securely connected to the pcb,i usually trim some of the red covering back a little,so you can make absolutely doubly sure the plug is on the connector.

it is to do with the spark,if the noise is loud it's not connected to the board

i have checked and re-checked all the wiring and can assure you it is correctly connected to the pcb

any other ideas?

Make sure the connector if fully home onto the gas valve.

I have see it so many times as its hidden behind the PCB.

Is the gas switched on...you are not on a pay as you go meter and it has run out?? or switched into safe mode??

Gas is working fine, the valve has been checked myself, only reason why i think it is the pcb is because it has failed twice before and i have been informed its the fan because even though it is working at times it may spike the pcb which causes it to blow

Gas is working fine, the valve has been checked myself, only reason why i think it is the pcb is because it has failed twice before and i have been informed its the fan because even though it is working at times it may spike the pcb which causes it to blow

Can you explain exactly what you have done to check the gas valve?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back