Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
ive got an old isar m30100 combi.
i get an l/f error 1-5 times a day! for the last few months
it seems to happen randomly, but have recently noticed that its more likely when boiler is hot/been working hard.
if i happen to be near it when it fails and reset itright away, it fires, goes out and refires 3 times then lf faults this sequence can be repeated 3/4 times, but usually restarts properly by then.

if it fails and its left 2 mins or so (ie cools) it will reset and work for ages!

engineer has recently replaced flame sensor & checked condensate, ive also changed pcb (s/hand) with identical results

fan is often noisy...but has been for years...also loud whining/whistling noise noticeable from outside, again...for years

any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
Needs a good clean out first.
Probably hasn't been touched and the condensate is blocked solid
with bits of the heat exchanger.

You engineer probably didn't touch the condensate because it's so damn awkward to get at. Typical ideal design really.

Sponsored Links
PCB.

Had this recently. Replaced with a NEW board and it is working as well as any Ideal POS can be expected to.

thats what i was thinking, but having swapped it out already for (albeit a secondhand) one, with exactly the same symptoms....only option is to try a new one i suppose - thanks

Needs a good clean out first.
Probably hasn't been touched and the condensate is blocked solid
with bits of the heat exchanger.

You engineer probably didn't touch the condensate because it's so damn awkward to get at. Typical ideal design really.

condensate was removed and cleaned last autumn, exchanger & diverter removed and cleaned in jan, so i dont think its a maintenance issue

But really you shouldn't be checking anything inside the combustion chamber, or changing pcbs, unless you are a qualified gas engineer!!
After changing pcb you should take dynamic pressure, has rate and combustion performance, this should also be done after combustion cover has been removed.

Relying on a NEW Ideal PCB for this boiler is risky enough as it is.

Hoping the boiler Gods are smiling down on you with a USED one is bonkers.

Relying on a NEW Ideal PCB for this boiler is risky enough as it is.

Hoping the boiler Gods are smiling down on you with a USED one is bonkers.

before getting a new pcb, i thought it was a useful test to try a different (though used, but free) pcb to see if this slightly unusual problem persisted. the fact that the particular problem does persist suggests either the 2nd pcb is also faulty in the same way, or the problem is not with the pcb?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back