ideal icos 'lf' fault - tried everything. Help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal icos boiler displaying an intermittent 'LF' fault code. It will restart on pressing reset, sometimes it will run for a few days, other times will go off mid cycle, other times run to the end of the cycle and then not reset. A parade of engineers has been out it has been cleaned, had new electrodes, new ionisation thingy, new pcb. All the engineers leave with the boiler working nicely, then it goes off again. Thankfully I have home cover, so costs have been limited. However significant amounts of holiday and flexi have been used with a whole host of engineers trying to fix the problem. I was sure the PCB would sort it, but apparently not. Can anyone please please help???!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
thanks. apparently it is 'clean' i assume this means they've checked the condensate trap. nobody has mentioned the gas valve so i'll ask the next poor sap who comes along to try to fix it. any more suggestions?

check the sensing tube for blockages.

thanks. apparently it is 'clean' i assume this means they've checked the condensate trap. nobody has mentioned the gas valve so i'll ask the next poor sap who comes along to try to fix it. any more suggestions?

yes, get a decent person in, i know more than your fitters.

check you have a D.C. supply to the gas valve, if so, replace the gas valve, but it needs to be done by the right person,as it needs to be calibrated.

Libby Lou Lou why do you give advice on something you don't seem to know a lot about??

Lou Lou is not gas qualified but still likes to give advice on gas related matters. Not very contentious luckily in this case.

After the electrodes I usually go for the meter regulator but try to measure the performance.

If the boiler is mostly failing then running a gas cooker will eliminate the regulator as the cause.

There are so many possibilities with this boiler that its just a matter of working through them.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back