Ideal 2001 Boiler & KH2010 Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are about to move to France. Our house was built in the 70s and has an Ideal 2001 oil fired boiler which is fitted with a KH2010 timer/controller. Unfortunately neither the manual for the boiler or programmer is to be found at the house. The system has a built in hot water tank and seems to work very well except that it runs 24/7.

The timer has me baffled. It seems to be quite sophisticated but I cannot work the settings out.

I have just spent a frustrating couple of hours on the internet trying to find manuals for the boiler and the timer. I have looked at the Ideal UK website and their French website and can't find anything. There is no makes name on the programmer and asearch on KA1020 doesn't produce anything useful.

Has anyone got either a link to the manufacturers website or a copy of the timer manual, in English (I don't think my French will cope with the complexity of the timer) or if any one has the same timer, would you be prepared to spend a little time on the phone giving me a tutorial? I will pay for the call.

TIA

Tim

Staffordshire at the moment, France from the end of February

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link to the Ideal site. I had already found it and their French site. I can't find details of the boiler or programmer on either site so if anyone has any other ideas?

Tim

Is the problem you have with the wiring or the programming side.
Do you intend to replace it ?
Can you post a pic of it? Its possible that someone may recognise it

Sponsored Links
The problem is with the programming - I simply don't undertsand the way the programmer works!

I will post a picture in a few days when I return to the house.

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back