Ideal boiler won't ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We have an ideal NF 50 LPG boiler for the CH.

Yesterday it ran out of gas so I replaced the cylinder this morning but the boiler just sits there clicking the ignition and the pilot won't light ergo the boiler won't run.

The gas is coming through as the HW is on another boiler and that is fine.

Trouble is, all the engineers I have called are too busy so I thought I'd as on here, see if it could be something simple I'm missing.

I am very competent having installed gas and oil ch systems for myself in the past so I'll be fine with the basics, though if it's something complicated, due to the nature of gas I'll have to get someone in to do it.

Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
Could be muck in the pilot injector.

How long a run is it from the cylinder to the boiler? Sometimes it can take several minutes before the gas gets through to the pilot as the injector is so small.

Deff got gas coming through as the other boiler is on the same line after the CH boiler and that runs.

I think you're right about the pilot, got a bloke coming out tomorrow afternoon now so that will sort it all being well :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back