Ideal mini combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me again :rolleyes:

I have an ideal mini combi boiler.

It seemingly won't ignite, my girlfriend says it happened this morning when she was washing her hair - it ran cold. No HW, no CH.

I have reset the boiler and the light flashes every second - normal operation.

When the CH or HW are run the boiler makes the usual noises, water rushing through, then it kind of clicks, as usual, but then it usually kinda bangs and ignites.

Now it doesn't and when it quits trying the light flashes quickly, the manual says this means a problem!

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
can you here the fan running? If so if you look in sight window can you see a spark being generated?

ignition electrodes could be out of alignment?

The twice a sec flash means a problem but thats only one of about 8 which it recognises. I will assume you switched it off to reset?

First check the test pioint on the top left is plugged.

If so then there are eight possibilities!

If you are competent to open the left PCB cover and see what the other two hidden lights are showing then I could help you more. There are three lights each with four possible states, you may only think of three though.

I would need to know EXACTLY the state of all three when the fault occurs.

Tony

Thanks for the replies...I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

I am not in any way competent to tamper with the boiler so I got a plumber, he changed the pump head.

Cost me a small fortune with the call out charge too at the weekend. My own fault for being tight and not insuring myself, first house I've owned and lesson learned.

The ideal c24 mini combi also needs a special pump head apparently, the type he carried wouldn't quite fit, you need a manufacturers part, so that cost me a chunk of cash more too...

Sponsored Links
Before a date in 2004, it was possible to fit a standard pump head.

Since then the impeller is different and only available to the manufacturer so instead of costing about £40 to buy it goes up to £94 !!!

It is possible to do a bodge to get it going with a standard pump but its not correct.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back