Ideal Mini C28 HW Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I've got an issue with my Ideal Mini C28, CH works absolutely fine but when I turn the HW tap on the DHW Flow switch clicks and the LED comes on but the boiler does not ignite, however if I take the diverter valve actuator off and manually push down the diverter valve (while the HW tap is running) the diaphragm pin extends and activates the CH flow switch and the boiler ignites and I have hot water.

Is this right? If so it sounds like the diverter valve is duff but because CH works I'm not sure.

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Any help much appreciated.

Paul

Sponsored Links
These can be tricky without actually being In front of the boiler but it's most likely a diverter valve issue. With the actuator removed, does that operate for ch and hw?
If it does it will be the diverter valve if it dont it will be the actuator in most cases unless the actuator isn't getting power from the pcb.

Thanks Gigglepin, the diverter valve actuator only operates when CH is called, having spent a lot of time turning the HW tap on and off while running to the boiler to see what's happening, it seems that when the DHW is turned on the diaphragm pin does extend a bit but not enough to activate the CH flow switch, should the actuator operate? The boiler is pressurised to 2 bar and when I manually activate the CH flow switch there's no problems with the amount and temperature of the hot water the boiler generates so it could just be that the diverter valve is fouled up as you suggested.

Cheers
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back