Ideal c28. No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've got a Ideal c28 mini which had a leak on the diverter valve. So on inspection i discovered that the water had leaked on to the main PCB so i changed the diverter valve and put new PCB in but now i have no hot water but the heating works fine. Any ideas would be good because now i'm stumped :confused:

Sponsored Links
When you turn the hot tap on can you see a red light come on to the left of the pump?

Sounds like the flow switch is possibly not operating then, the bit with the red light on it.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Dave. I'll have a good look tomorrow. The boiler is up in the loft. Having a quick look in the manual it doesn't look that bad a job or is it? How much do you reckon a switch would be?

Cheers Dave. I'll have a good look tomorrow. The boiler is up in the loft. Having a quick look in the manual it doesn't look that bad a job or is it? How much do you reckon a switch would be?

Round about £30 tops I would say.

:( Now i really need help. Replaced the h/w flow switch and still no joy. There is still no red light,what next? Its now doing my head in. Any help would be good. :mad: :(

I bet you just changed the electric side, and not the mechanical magnetic side

I bet you just changed the electric side, and not the mechanical magnetic side
Er. Yes. So whats involved with the mechanical magnectic side? Have i made a big booboo?

When you take out the mechanical side of the flow switch, then you see the spindle etc - lemme see if I can post a pic of what I mean....

Here ya go:

View media item 7515

See what quality the filter is in........
May have to change all of it as thats how it should come from spares mate....

Cheers for the advice much appreaciated. Let you know how i get on. Just out of intrest how much do reckon it would be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back