ideal c28 mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a ideal mini c28 boiler my water pipes froze and the boiler went off i have now thawed out the pipes but the boiler wont fire up

Sponsored Links
Can you quote the exact boiler model number and say exactly which pipes were frozen?

Tony

Can you quote the exact boiler model number and say exactly which pipes were frozen?

Tony
the boiler is an ideal mini c28 serial no 13660803,the pipes that were frozen were my feed to the cistern my hot and clod to my bathroom sink and i live in a bungalow

Your boiler is a non condensing combi.

The only pipe which would bve afected would be the hot to the bathroom.

On the face if it the boiler was not affected by the freezing as you have described it.

Have you pressed the central red button with a hot tap on and turned the right knob to he "O" position to turn off and restart a minute later?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Your boiler is a non condensing combi.

The only pipe which would bve afected would be the hot to the bathroom.

On the face if it the boiler was not affected by the freezing as you have described it.

Have you pressed the central red button with a hot tap on and turned the right knob to he "O" position to turn off and restart a minute later?

Tony
tried thae the boiler wants to fire but wont

What combination of red and flashing green lights do you get when it fails to fire up?

Tony

What combination of red and flashing green lights do you get when it fails to fire up?

Tony
hi tony green light just flashes normal 1 second on 1second off then the boiler tries to fire and stops and the lights are the same,but when you turn the hot tap on the green light flashes 4 times per second and the only way i can get the boiler to try and fire is switch off the power and switch it back on
thanks
Stewart

Tony
hi tony green light just flashes normal 1 second on 1second off then the boiler tries to fire and stops and the lights are the same,but when you turn the hot tap on the green light flashes 4 times per second and the only way i can get the boiler to try and fire is switch off the power and switch it back on
thanks
Stewart
Tony forgot to mention no red light at all

It seems you dont have a demand for CH. Check time clock setting and room stat. It should try to fire up the same as on DHW when the demand is correct.

Its most likely to be the pump pressure switch is not being activated but I cannot guess why but after confirming that you should check the pump. You only have a few seconds to do that as its powered off if the pressure switch is not activated quickly.

The pressure switch is facing the front on the left hand diverter block.

Tony

CHeck the auto air vent, behind the pump, is open a turn or so.

Sometimes these seem to like the pressure being a bit high once they've been upset. Try up to about 2 bar cold.

Thats probably because at a higher pressure air in the boiler is compressed and so becomes smaller and have less effect on the action of the pump etc.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back