Ideal Mini C28 expansion vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's the hottest day of the year and I am thinking about the central heating. Sad.

What size external expansion vessel do I need for an Ideal Mini C28 boiler?

With thanks.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the volume of your heating system i.e water content

Whats wrong with the existing one? The size is usually on a data badge or failing that is in the manufacturers instructions.
How many rads you got?

Sponsored Links
Depends on the volume of your heating system i.e water content

How do I find that out?

Calculate it .

off the top of my head a mini c has a 6 litre ( I think ?) exp vessel half a bar charge pressure suitable for 90 ish litre system volume.

GW might pick up on this thread , fella should have been a mathematician instead of a pipe strangler :)

No pressure when cold and climbs high is when hot plus water comes out of the expansion tank air inlet valve when the pin is pressed in. No way that I can replace the original vessel, but no problem with an external one as long as I have the right size.

13 rads of varying sizes.

The original vessel looks to be about 6L (est) which seems small compared to the sizes of external ones on sale. I presume it is better to go large.

12 litrte vessel will be more than enough if you have room to hide it on the system! ;)

Has it been repressurised ( to 0.9 Bar ) with system empty?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back