Ideal boilers, customer service disgrace

Yep one of them cheap skate LL 's

probably fits them Ravenheap or heatline boilers as well ;) :)

Sponsored Links

Why when a baxi costs me about the same, and looks better to tenants.

The only reason to fit a Ravenheap or heatline is if you are in an area where better boilers get stolen ever time the property is empty :( I am not willing to own anything in that type of area.

Why when a baxi costs me about the same, and looks better to tenants.

The only reason to fit a Ravenheap or heatline is if you are in an area where better boilers get stolen ever time the property is empty :( I am not willing to own anything in that type of area.

fair point after all who would want to steal a ravenheat :) than again what sort installer would want to install one ??

Sponsored Links
Sorry as a landlord and home owner, I expect the person I pay to design a system and install the boiler to recommend the best boiler for me, including having a good value manufacturer's service plan. Telling a tenant that Ideal cannot come out to fit their boiler on Christmas day, is a lot better than trying to make a tenant believe that I can’t find any GS person to come out.

Any landlord reading this should join LNPG http://www.lnpg.co.uk/compare-pts-prices.php, and then you will see just how much cheaper real trade prices are compared to what most installers pretend they are paying. (PS the buying power of LNPG members is more than most national house builders.)

A GS person fitting a boiler that the landlord brought var LNPG should be able to make a lot more money for the day’s work by charging a realistic rate for labour, then the GS person that pretends to pass on a trade discount, when the real discount a normal local independent GS person gets is not great anyway. (As well as remaining under the vat limit)

However not as bad as kitchen fitters, where both Magnet and Hoydens will provide fake invoices to kitchen fitters, so the fitter can make it look like they are passing on their the 30% trade discount. The true trade discount for kitchens are 70% plus.

Looks good!! I'm a Slum Landlord & an installer, so I'm sure I can fiddle this scheme, just like the 500 Housing Scheme one that I've been installing Combis on since 2006......wink: :LOL:

Hoyden Kitchen give >90% trade discount on their Kitchens. Last one I did for a Landlord I got 96% discount & made a right few bob.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back