Ideal boilers, customer service disgrace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ideal boilers and customer service director, Chris Jessop certainly know how to win over their installers.
Having been with them for the classic, concord, viceroy, super series, stuck with them through their purple patch of the IMAX/ response/imini/Icos/Isar/istor/Evo, they finally turned a corner with a product they could say defied all the sh1te they've previously made!
It took guts for installers to trust the Ideal name and start fitting the logic and vogue, but the product was decent.

So having got it finally right, Mr Jessop decides yet again to fook over they're loyal installers by sending out letters offering to steal the installers customer for the princely sum of £84 including a 12point yearly service.

Not content with passing on the installers details, no they give YOUR customer Homeserves number!

Congratulations ideal, yet again you've shown just how wrong you have the industry and are desperate barstewards!

Sponsored Links
Yep typical Ideal

screw the installer/customer over on the product in the past Icos , Isar & Response all of which were Turkeys , that cost numerous installers time , money & damaged there reputation

And now screw the customer ( installer) over on the after sales.

company is a shower IMHO a total disgrace .

Sponsored Links
Hmm just remembered a conversation I had with an engineer who used to carry out warranty work for a certain boiler manu ;)

Met him at an acs centre he was told when ever possible to take a water sample from the lowest part of the Ch system the theory being

" there is always some dirt there " to show the customer ??

weasle out of any warranty obligations maybe ??

another total shower is that other mob barzi U.K , with some of there im-famous service agents antics ;) who incidentally supplied ideal with a re-badged combi as a stop gap measure when they with drew the Ideal Response.
The response probably being one of the biggest Turkeys ever introduced (may be )

Probably designed by a Turkey ??

:)

Not content with passing on the installers details, no they give YOUR customer Homeserves number!

I thought they were all up to that these days. I agree with you, it's wrong, but did you really think manufacturers started giving long warranties for ours or the consumers benefit?

It's about control of the customer between manufacturers and the big energy and insurance corporations.

I can name 3 manufacturers who happen to be the big 3 that I Havent EVER had this issue with!

Never trust boiler manufacturers!! One of whom with the biggest advertising budgets, it would seem?? And their product is made mostly of plastic, knowingly sold boiler, gave rebates etc to a non GS registered company that was a competitor of mine.

Most installers incentive schemes are a complete con and I can buy boilers cheaper than the 1000s of guys on the above manufacturers installers scheme.

There are some decent Engineers ,the likes of Shambolic,who with helpful attitude was slowly changing my attitude to Ideal

I had an email from them a few years back,in regards to installing their boilers.My reply was I would rather dig my eyes out with rusty spoon then fit any Ideal boiler,funny never heard from them again

I can see from Lee's letter the rot comes from the top,so I feel rather vindicated for being cautious

Leopard changing spots ,comes to mind

WELL DONE IDEAL,for an unfair advantage and database built up by Installers to which you have sold all the independents down the river

I for one am out !!

very good post because it highlights to people, especially those who are not gas safe registered , the callous attitude of manufacturers
despite all the clever advertising campaigns they have been proven to not give a monkeys about the installers who promote their products and use them
in order to make sure a customer has their guarentee the installer or client gives in their contact details and company then uses this for financial gain,
despite claiming not to do this
not a great surprise but still very frustrating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back