Vaillant group UK LTD- customer service disgrace

To be fair to Ideal, I know from experience how difficult it is to stop a third party agency once they have the customers details. Remember they have their fingers in many pies.

Even if a manufacturer insisted they didn't contact the consumer on their behalf, chances are the agency would use the details anyway to sell something else.

How many times have you cancelled communications or changed address to find you get junk mailed at both properties?

i don't think thats fair to ideal or anyone else Tibbot.

Quite simply, if they can't control the data then they shouldn't be entrusted with it.

Sponsored Links
Yes I accept that. It's that by the time you realise the mistake, it's too late. To be cynical, you may suggest the manufacturers know what they're entering into, but I challenge anyone, these days, to 100% prevent having their details misused.

Far as I know they are legally required to make sure the data is not abused

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Corgi if the subject is getting into misuse of data. Think of all those boilers that were registered from 2005 while they were the regulatory body for gas installers. Then a few years ago they decided to introduce their own breakdown policy. Surprise surprise, they then sent a mailshot to every boiler that they knew of asking if they wanted their baxi/glow worm/ideal/vaillant boiler fitted in whatever month covered against breakdowns at a cheap as chips price.

yep corgi , that shower of a company that has blighted the industry for far to long.

bunch of leeches & Liars (may be ?)

Vaillant are merely coming up to expectations with there antics ?

what would expect from those mooching around in leider hosen , drinking Scnaps , hogging deck chairs & having belching contests :) :)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Corgi if the subject is getting into misuse of data. Think of all those boilers that were registered from 2005 while they were the regulatory body for gas installers. Then a few years ago they decided to introduce their own breakdown policy. Surprise surprise, they then sent a mailshot to every boiler that they knew of asking if they wanted their baxi/glow worm/ideal/vaillant boiler fitted in whatever month covered against breakdowns at a cheap as chips price.

Ah, that's why we Jocks didn't register any with Corgi...... ;)

As I recall, the question of data abuse was raised at the time.

Any boiler regardless of registration would have a years warranty anyway, granted you'd need to register for an extended warranty.

what would expect from those mooching around in leider hosen , drinking Scnaps , hogging deck chairs & having belching contests :) :)

Ironically they don't run their business like that in Germany or most other countries. This is a very British thing.

Ironically they don't run their business like that in Germany or most other countries. This is a very British thing.

Very true mate. German installers enjoy fabulous support from boiler manufacturers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back