Ideal Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help. I have an ideal response 120 boiler that was initialy installed in 2000. Since then I have had a new boiler, three new heat exchangers. Ideal have been out and carried out repairs on the last three occassions, on the last, the engineer flooded my airing cupboard and downstairs!
The boiler is going wrong again and seems to only last 4-5 months.
My solicitor seems to think I have a good case. Anyone got any background on Ideal response 120 or tips for sorting the matter out?

Sponsored Links
There is a modification for ideal responses to do with the heat ex. Basically the copper baffle within flueways are corroding causing excessive flue gas temperatures the mod kit involves fitting an extra overheat stat into the inner flue (non resettable) so if baffle has gone boiler fails to work & needs a new heat ex. I have fitted quite a few on behalf of ideal but if i were you i would get a german boiler

I can't agree, the Dutch make the best boilers.

The men with big foreheads who design ideal boilers of this decade don't have to work on them. I hate them from my point of view.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back