ideal classic ff240 cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone confirm for me my ff240 cuts out after about 30 seconds,had electrician look today and it has power all the time he said it looks like relay on pcb is black but on reading here they all do,had new motorised valve the other day but fault remains the same should I get new pcb don't want to throw any more money at it until I know what is wrong.

Sponsored Links
your boiler is worth repairing they are very reliable old boilers, you need an RGI though and its unlikely to be the relay, they all show signs of scorching they arc as they operate

As long as they keep making fans for these they're going to be around for a very long time!

Sponsored Links
could be a long list of faults from

Gas valve
Fan
Hoses
APS
PCB
Stats
Case seal
Wire Harness

best bet is to get a RGI to have a look

I did have an rgi look at it, he fitted the new valve then said he thought the fault was electrical.thats why In gods name an electrician was called in.there is power to the pcb whan the heating should be on but no power out of it.looking for help not criticisum

Choked cold feed ?
Still best get a gasbod to check ;)

I did have an rgi look at it, he fitted the new valve then said he thought the fault was electrical.thats why In gods name an electrician was called in.there is power to the pcb whan the heating should be on but no power out of it.looking for help not criticisum

I didn't criticise I asked a question. You didn't mention any body else being involved.

So get off your high bloody horse; and learn to punctuate.

MaccaPlumbing, Paul126, lavinia, dhw78, Guyandkaren.

In the last couple of days you have each looked at this:

Screen_Hunter_126_Mar_24_22_57.jpg

and thought "durrr..... I'll post my question about Plumbing and CH in Forum Information".

What is wrong with you?

Wow you must be a really helpful forum member sworn at now,£150 down the drain,no heating how can my weekend get better?

I did have an rgi look at it, he fitted the new valve then said he thought the fault was electrical
Electrical parts such as the PCB and sensors within a boiler are still classed as gas work - an electrician will NOT be able to do anything.
You need to get an RGI who can actually identify the fault and repair it - not someone who just swaps parts at random in the hope it will work.

You won't get any advice on here about gas work either, since it is against the rules.

More than likely the pump. The boiler is shutting off on reaching temp as there is no circulation.
A decent RGI would be able to tell you this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back