Ideal classic ff240 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A mate of mine has a problem with his ideal classic ff240 boiler it fires up ok on demand for either DHW or CH although after approx 2 mins the boiler switches its self off and won't restart for a good 5 minutes. Every thing else seems to be working fine ie pump/motorised valve. The flow is starting to heat up prior to the boiler shutting down. Its a sealed heating system and the pressure was about 0.75 bar and when i increased the pressure it shot round to 2.5 bar quicker than you could blink which seemed a bit odd to me. Has anybody got any ideas before calling anybody round.

Sponsored Links
Try increase the pressure to about 1.5 bar and bleed all the rads make sure the pressure is still correct then try

sounds like a pump problem. probably not rotating fast enough due to wear / crud
the pressure is a red herring as the boiler will still work at zero as there is no pressure switch as it is a heat only boiler or a system boiler if the pressure vessel is on top in a similar box to the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back