Ideal Classic FF350 Losing Pressure - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ideal FF350 Fanned Flued Boiler is losing pressure at the rate of 1 bar in 12 hours.

Anyone got any suggestions as where to start? :confused:

All radiator valves seem ok, no wet carpet patches to date.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check your prv pipe is not dripping outside, keep mean expansion vessel needs recharging.

Test fill boiler up to 2 bar turn off boiler and isolate flow and return valves.

Leave for a few hours if boiler has not lost any pressure then its not the boiler.

If boiler is still at 2 bar and you open up flow and return valves and pressure drops you have a leak on your pipework or radiator valves

Yes the PRV pipe is dripping as I tied a bag to it to catch the water....

So does this mean the PRV is defective which is causing this?

If so is it an easy job to replace the valve??

The expansion vessel is up to 3 bar, the correct pressure

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the continuing help.

As per the re-pressurizing instructions do you have any idea where I would find a suitable drain cock as I cant find one?

I managed to find a drain cock and my expansion vessel is now repressurised to 1 bar. However, the PRV pipe is still dripping so the valve must need replacing, thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back