Ideal Classic rattling

C

Classic40

Hi,

My Ideal Classic FF340 has started rattling once in use, if I press on the casing it stops it rattling.

I guess this needs a new front case seal; if so would this be suitable to replace it? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301022945973

Is there anything else which could cause it to rattle?

Thanks.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Replacing seals on a room sealed boiler should only be done by a gas registered engineer as it needs to be checked for safety afterwards.

Hi,

I understand it needs to be checked after it's replaced, however do you know if the link I give above would be a suitable replacement.

I plan on getting it serviced at the same time (Would rather have the part(s) ready to save time and money on call outs etc)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The work of replacing it should only be carried out by a gas registered engineer who will obtain a suitable replacement and check its safe afterwards.

You clearly want to do it yourself and we are not allowed to encourage or assist you with DIY gas work on this forum.

Tony

The work of replacing it should only be carried out by a gas registered engineer who will obtain a suitable replacement and check its safe afterwards.

You clearly want to do it yourself and we are not allowed to encourage or assist you with DIY gas work on this forum.

Tony

Hi,

I will not be doing the work myself, am just trying to save time and call out charges.

I will just order part #171479 in so it can be swapped at the same time as the service.

Clearly you don't want to confirm if the link to the ebay item would be suitable or not.

Thanks.

Hi,
1) The seal is not suitable as it is not recommended by Ideal.
2) The boiler doesn't just require a service, it needs a fault diagnosis so tell this to your service engineer when booking them in.
3) Chances are a new seal will not cure the problem.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back