Ideal Classic RS40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Classic RS40 in my house and need an instruction manual. I do not have the original and the stickers inside have all fallen off. I do not wish for any service instructions, only the operating instructions. The house is rented out so I need to be able to provide my tennants with the instructions. Anyone help me please?

Sponsored Links
Isnt it just an ON OFF button and temp dial :confused: :confused:

Some tenants have high expectations otherwise they dont want to pay the rent.

I hope he has a Gas Safety Certificate!

Tony

Thanks ref the gas safety certificate - yes I do have one - and it is renewed via a CORGI bloke every year - my letting agent see's to that.

I don't want to strip and rebuild the boiler, I want the operating instructions for my tenants - all about giving a good service you know?

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
Isnt it just an ON OFF button and temp dial :confused: :confused:
There is a temp dial, a igniter button, a green slider switch and probably some other control I've forgotten to mention. The boiler has been off for the last month (refitting house) so I need to leave new tennants proper instructions.

To light the pilot you need to push in the green square and hold whilst pressing the spark igniter. Once the pilot is alight continue to hold the green button down for about 20 secs.

The boiler stat usually would be set to around 3/4 way round.

Thanks but not what I was looking for. What I'm after is a .pdf or .doc that can be printed and handed to the tennants.

s6pnj said:
Thanks but not what I was looking for. What I'm after is a .pdf or .doc that can be printed and handed to the tennants.

i will look and see if i have one on my works laptop and will email it to my home email address then copy it and put it on here if i figure it out, failing that, call our office at ideal boilers, and we might be able to send you one. i will get back to you. i know that i have a hard copy in my van.

i work at ideal boilers.

Brill, very many thanks. I also emailed Ideal today and asked if they could help, received their auto reply of 'we might take up to 5 days to respond', however, I'm going up to the house Thurs eve/poss Fri morn so need it a bit quicker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back