Ideal E-Type CF 80N - Top up Radiators with Water after installing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've recently moved into a property which has an Ideal E-Type 80N gas boiler.
I'm looking to carry out some decorating and would like to take the radiators off the wall, to enable me to take the wallpaper off. Taking the radiators off is fairly straightforward, but my question is about installing them back.
Once plumbed back in and opening the bleed screws to bleed the system, is there a requirement to top the water in the system back up? I can't find a top-up valve or a pressure gauge on the boiler. Im guessing the system may not be pressurised. I have a gravity-fed hot water tank in the loft which fills a cylinder in the airing cupboard.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and apologise if this thread has already been discussed, I've scanned through previous discussions, but can't find anything. I can post pics off the boiler if required.

Many thanks and Kind regards,

Sponsored Links
How many cisterns do you have in the loft?

Hello, theres 2 water tanks. One for the main water supply to the house, which is circa 500 litre and a small one to the side circa 50/100 litre tank that supplies the boiler for the hot water.
Regards,

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hello, theres 2 water tanks. One for the main water supply to the house, which is circa 500 litre and a small one to the side circa 50/100 litre tank that supplies the boiler for the hot water.
Regards,
Ok, so that small one is called a feed and expansion cistern, which feeds/fills or refills the heating system and takes up the expansion when the water is heated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris,
So all I need to do is bleed the system and it will refill with water itself?

regards,

OK, I'll give it a try. Many thanks for your prompt replies and help.

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back