Ideal Epsrit Eco respressuriation issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with advice on repressurising my Ideal Esprit Eco - I'm trying to avoid having to have a professional come out just to turn a couple of taps and cost me a fortune!

The pressure has dropped below 1 and I need to repressurise, but I can't for the life of my work out how. I've seen some advice that I need to turn the taps on the filling loop (which is the silver pipe with the black taps which things hanging from them at either end, I believe?) but the bottom most black tap does not turn for anything even if I start to apply pressure. Not being an expert I don't want to break anything!

Anyone got any advice, or is it time to give in and ask for a professional to come show me how?

Attachments

• image_2021-10-22_181017.png
    image_2021-10-22_181017.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
Sponsored Links
It is the two black levers ,each end of the silver braided hose. Try turning in the opposite direction to what you tried.

It’s not very low, ask your wife if she can do it! Or go to the gym.
Could be ready for an expansion top up too.
Don’t put off having someone to service it as it pays dividends in the long run.

It is the two black levers ,each end of the silver braided hose. Try turning in the opposite direction to what you tried.

Thanks, I tried again but the bottom one will not move in either direction, applying more pressure than I was already trying just makes the pipe wobble. I don't know if it's been closed off too tightly by the last person to do the pressure maybe?

It’s not very low, ask your wife if she can do it! Or go to the gym.
Could be ready for an expansion top up too.
Don’t put off having someone to service it as it pays dividends in the long run.

I would be the wife if I were married and I'm not sure more pressure will help since the pipe wobbles when I try to add too much :)

The next checkup is in a few months, but obviously that leaves me to get through winter with low pressure potentially meaning I won't get heating unless I can get that pressure back up which is why I'm looking for assistance without having an extra visit.

Sponsored Links
Supporting the pipe with one hand ,whilst turning the black handle ( with a pair of grips ,if you have any) should free it. They can't really be overtightened ,but they can partially seize up if not operated for a long period.
What area of the country are you based in ?

Thanks, I tried again but the bottom one will not move in either direction, applying more pressure than I was already trying just makes the pipe wobble. I don't know if it's been closed off too tightly by the last person to do the pressure maybe?

I would be the wife if I were married and I'm not sure more pressure will help since the pipe wobbles when I try to add too much :)

The next checkup is in a few months, but obviously that leaves me to get through winter with low pressure potentially meaning I won't get heating unless I can get that pressure back up which is why I'm looking for assistance without having an extra visit.
Get a pair of pliers Viki be firm bit not aggressive. Sorry I got your gender wrong!

Supporting the pipe with one hand ,whilst turning the black handle ( with a pair of grips ,if you have any) should free it. They can't really be overtightened ,but they can partially seize up if not operated for a long period.
What area of the country are you based in ?

I gave it a shot, supporting the pipe and applying a little more pressure than I had been and it gave in and moved. I've now been able to top up the boiler - thank you! Don't think the pressure had been touched since pre-covid so that seems likely :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back