Ideal HE 30 Domestic water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved house again.We have an Ideal isar HE30,overdue for servicing it was last done 02/2008. instaled 05/2006. The problem is the shower temperature hunts the boiler gets very hot then shuts down untill it is just warm. The instaler said" OOOOO "that is best in Ideals hands They charge £150 set price for any repair, Ideal said up the system pressure and see what happens.The guy who serviced it last puts it down to a blocked part. and service and repair £80. Any ideas on which one to go with.Also the boiler has no C/H filter,would this stop the problem or is it in the domestic water side.We have just put a limescale inhibitor in the house.I would like to know before I get someone in so I can get a filter at the same time if you think it will help
Since I posted this I have been back onto Ideal and was given a different price £240 plus if it is the HE £140 so thats out of the running I will take my chance on the local man or get my toolbox out again.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the Plate HE is scaled up a fixed price repair from BG or Ideal would probably be a good move on this model!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back