Ideal HE15 failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I need help! This morning my boiler stopped working so I checked the condensation pipe outside. Sure enough it had frozen despite the lagging! I managed to defrost the pipe and a LOT of water poured out so I assume the ice blocking the pipe is now clear.

I can't manage to relight the boiler though, I am following the instructions but nothing is happening! I've tried it a few times now with no success. A ideas what could be wrong or waste else I can try?

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Hasn't got a display at all..proper old school boiler I think

Sponsored Links
You say Ideal HE does it have any other name on the boiler Icos or anything like that ?

with no display on the ctrl pannel my guess it that water has leaked from the sump and blown the pcb. ? have you got power at the switch. recamend you go on the gassafe website to fond a local engineer.

Just says Classic HE15?

There is no display and to relight the instructions literally are to turn off and on again!

Is there any way to know whether it is the pcb?

ok now we know the make of boiler.which is probely the best modal ideal ever made forget the display & board issue. still recamend engineer inspect it though. how have you confurmed that the con pipe has fully been defrosted

Doh! I assumed an Icos, Not a Classic.

Never seen a Classic HE in the wild. Shame they butchered a decent design to squeeze 7% more efficiency.

They would have done more for the environment by forgetting all about the Isar and Icos range entirely. :LOL:

That is why I asked for more information on the model Dan, didnt make sense a 15 HE and then calling it old school, and superman saying that the Classic HE is the best model Ideal have ever made sound great as all their new stuff is absolute Shoite even their older stuff wasnt great, but we all have our opinions and preferances

have you tried pressing the overheat reset button on the right hand side of the on off switch ? (on the right hand side of the boiler not the front)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back